This is pretty much all I have been working on this week. Today I have forced myself to take a break to give my hands a rest! Earlier in the week I cut some more fabric for the project, including these stripes, and the white filler diamonds.
I wanted to start putting in the white diamonds now, so I am not stuck with them all at the end. Now that I have done some of them, I am doubly glad of this plan, because the diamonds are somewhat more challenging. The points are heavier to baste, and the white fabric is heavier too. That's why there are holes in my finger that have to heal! But if I just add three diamonds to each star for now, I can arrange them as I like at the end:
I will have to leave a few without the diamonds to finish off the top and right edges.
I have realized that this is probably not going to be a very blog-friendly project, because I think you can only look at so many stars, but I will try to show a few of the more fun fabrics that I have for this quilt. The only fussy cutting I am going to do is for the stripes, so it is only here and there that a complete motif shows:
Fortunately, a little bit of mystery about how exactly each star will look keeps it interesting!