Like several others, I made a couple changes in the sashing. Instead of hourglasses, I made the dark green Tri Recs sections. That will make the circle effect of the blocks more pronounced. Actually, it is also more like Bonnie Hunter's previous mystery, Celtic Solstice. I didn't make that one, and now maybe I won't have to!
I also used an all-white four patch section in the centre of the sashing, instead of the dark green/light green four patch in the pattern. Somehow, the circle works better if that is white.
Here are four more blocks done, one with three sides of sashing sewn on:
And, to zoom in on a few details...
I also found two large scale Free Spirit prints.
I call them "optimized," rather than strictly fussy cut. :D
And, zooming in even further, you can see some of the light aqua flamingo blender in the "white" four patch in the centre. The pink flamingo blender is also scattered among the whites.
So, fingers crossed, the next post will be the finished flimsy.