Paulette made me laugh, somewhat hysterically, the other day when she asked her readers if we were ahead of schedule on any of our projects. We all know I am not good with schedules!
But my one successful schedule so far was completing all the individual stars for this project, Texas Star. Since then I have been sewing them together, on and off, and I have a good sense now of what is involved. So, a couple of weeks ago I did set up another schedule to get them all sewn together.
Here's my progress so far, the first 99 of the 333 total stars:
My plan is to add 12 stars per week, which should see them all joined by the second week of July. It seems far away now, here in the deep freeze, but the key to success is to make the schedule really easy. A few stars here and there in my spare time at the end of the day.
I have been really surprised by how soft the top feels! It's difficult to photograph "softness," but I've been trying:
I've realized that it's the English paper piecing that results in such a soft, smooth surface, because all the seams are left open: