I have been very productive, but it has largely been more of the same, so there hasn't been much to show. All my Sedona Star Month 3 and Month 4 rings are complete, and I've started on the paper piecing for Month 2. The templates and fabric strips for Month 2 have been sitting on my sewing table for over a month, and I have to move them every time I sew, so I am really looking forward to getting them done and out of the way!
Yesterday we had a free sewing day at my guild Rouge Valley, and I finished a lot of the units for Month 5. This morning I put the first ring together:
I did manage to fix my wobbly Month 4 a couple of days ago, it is now completely flat. So once again I was feeling confident this morning as put together this ring. And sure enough, it has a wobble too! But I don't think it is so bad that I have to redo anything. The overall size is just a smidgen small, so it will fit into the outer template fine. I am finding that it is so important to stay focused on this quilt!
All these points are supposed to be the same size. The reason the light yellow ones look longer is due to the way the seam allowances are pressed. I am pretty sure it will look fine once it is sewn into the outer block.
I really love all the fine sharp points on this block. And I realized when I was cutting the fabrics that this time I actually followed the instructions for the colour placement! You won't see that very often on this quilt. Anyway, there is still lots to do. Happy sewing!