I am trying something new for me this month. I've decided to just work on one thing at a time! LOL. My quilt guild will have their next show in April, and I've decided that Riviera Star, which is based on Judy Niemeyer's Prairie Star foundations, will be my main entry. So I made a plan, and if I stick to it I'll have the top done by August.
Today I finished the eight Flying Geese units. Here they are laid out with the Melon Spike units I made previously:
I think it's looking promising. It certainly meets my dad's requirement to be "lively!" It's fun to play around with the pieces, too:
I've given myself two and a half weeks to sew the next group, which will combine with these units into square blocks. I've also changed my colourway a bit, which I'll tell you about tomorrow. Onwards!