Saturday, May 17, 2014
Four More Snowmen Blocks
I haven't had much time to sew this week, but I do have another four of the log cabin snowmen blocks to show you.
My original plan was to use just the almost-solid blenders on the front of the quilt, and have a very graphic, more modern look. The white snowflake fabric in the block above was intended for the back. However, once I started cutting the strips for the blocks I realized that I didn't have enough for the top, and I had to "borrow" from the back.
That's what I get for buying the fabric before I finalize the design! But, I'm actually quite pleased with the way it looks, I think it adds a little sparkle to the quilt.
I hope I still have enough fabric for the back!