My reading list this morning had three blog posts in a row about hexagons - Metanoia's, Sue's, and Julia's. I thought I better get my act together and show the progress I've made on Texas Star! I've joined a few together to see how they will look:
I did this a few weeks ago, but somehow I put them away without taking a photo. I think this is why:
If you look carefully you can see that the upper left one in the second photo is turned the wrong way. Easy to fix, but it annoyed me at the time!
All the blog posts today made me nostalgic for simple hexagons. If I ever do another paper-pieced project after this one it will be back to hexagons and nothing but hexagons. I have been having a heck of a time with the white diamonds in these stars. This is what happens:
I think this keeps happening because the white fabric is quite a bit thicker than the print. I am going to try shaving off a bit of the diamond paper template before I start next time, and see if that helps.
Anyway, the Texas Star Ticker in the right sidebar is up to number 66 today, which is just past 20% done. Plenty left to do!