Last night I said to myself, "Omigosh, tomorrow is Saturday already!" Saturday is the RSC link up, and I have done very little sewing for two weeks now. But today I managed to shift into gear and make a start on my neutral string units for Rose Boll.
Although, "neutral" seems like the wrong term for all my rosey florals!
A few of these fabrics have been in my stash since the 90s. And of course, I did buy a few more too.
My first thought was to keep these strings very light. But, the alternate sawtooth blocks are quite stark and high contrast. So, I decided to put in the darker pink and gold strings to balance the final quilt a little better.
This is 14 done, and 50 needed, so there is still a lot to do. But, it feels like good progress.
Click here to see all the other variations on neutral at RSC today!